The vegan recipe for Sweet & Sour Soy Ring Rolls:
2 – 3 pax
- 6 soy ring rolls
- 1/2 cucumber (slice)
- 6 bird’s eye chilies (chop)
- 1/4 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- adequate vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- First, toast the white sesame seeds until fragrant, remove and set aside.
- Then, heat the vegetable oil over medium flame, fry the soy ring rolls until both sides become golden, remove and drain.
- Arrange the fried soy ring rolls and cucumber on a platter.
- Heat up some vegetable oil and stir-fry the bird’s eye chilies until fragrant.
- Add in the tomato sauce, white vinegar, sugar and water, stir until well cooked and fragrant.
- Gently pour the sauce on the fried soy ring rolls and sprinkle over with the toasted white sesame seeds.