The vegan recipe for Claypot Tea Tree Mushroom Simmered with Tofu and Tomatoes:
Tea tree mushrooms known as 神菇 – ‘God of Mushrooms’ are nutritious, delicious and crunchy. They help to enhance immunity too. Today, we would like to share the second episode of our ‘Veg Zero to Hero’ video series: ‘Claypot Tea Tree Mushroom Simmered With Tofu and Tomatoes’ recipe. This mouth-watering dish can be accompanied with various staple foods, such as rice, noodles and vermicelli. As long as you have a claypot at home, you can easily prepare this healthy yet super fragrant vegetarian hot pot.
2 – 3 pax
- 70 g tea tree mushrooms (soak in water for 2 hours, remove the ends and cut in half)
- 4 blocks tofu (cut into cubes)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 10 ginger slices
- 2 1/2 cups water
- adequate vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetarian seasoning powder
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and fry the ginger slices until fragrant. Then, place the fried ginger in a claypot.
- Fry the tofu until both sides become golden brown and place the fried tofu into the claypot.
- Fry the tea tree mushrooms until fragrant and place the fried mushrooms with the oil into the claypot.
- Add the tomatoes and water into the claypot and cook over high heat until it is boiled.
- Add soy sauce and vegetarian seasoning powder.
- Stir well, cover the pot, turn to low heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.