The vegan recipe for My Star, My Sweetheart Tapioca Cookies (Eggless Kuih Bangkit):
servings – 60 cookies
- 3 cups tapioca starch (saute without oil until the flour becomes light, remove and let cool)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Spread some tapioca starch on a table, roll out the tapioca dough into a layer of 1/2 inch in height.
- Use star and heart (or your desired form) cookie cutters to cut out the star and heart shapes (or your desired shapes).
- Lay them on baking trays and bake at 160°C for about 25 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve or store in an airtight container for future serving.