The vegetarian recipe for Steamed Coconut Buns:
servings – 14 buns
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Place shredded coconut and sugar in a cooking pan and saute (without oil) until fragrant.
- Dish out, put in a big bowl and cool.
- Combine wheat flour, instant dry yeast, sugar, vegetable oil and water.
- Knead the dough until smooth and fine.
- Let it ferment for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a long loaf and divide into 14 portions.
Steamed Coconut Buns
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each portion into a round shape, place 1 tbsp coconut filling in the center, wrap up and place the buns on greaseproof sheets.
- Let the buns to ferment for 35 minutes.
- Place the buns in the steamer baskets.
- Steam over high heat for about 10 minutes.