The vegan recipe for Fried Mashed Taro Beads with Fresh Cucumber Strips:
servings – 12 mashed taro beads
- 250 g taro (peel, cut into chunks, steam till soft and mash)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- adequate rice flour
- adequate cucumber strips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- Combine the mashed taro with tapioca starch, salt, sugar and white pepper powder.
- Add some rice flour and knead into a smooth taro dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls, form them into thick beads and press a dent in the center of each taro bead.
- Coat the taro beads with some rice flour.
- Heat oil, fry the taro beads until golden brown, remove and drain.
- Serve with fresh cucumber strips.
Could you share what oil do you use for sauteing, frying and deep frying?
Hi JK, mostly, we use vegetable oil or palm oil, thanks!
I am diabetic. What is the carbohydrates, calories, and protein grams in one of these cooies??”
Sorry, we couldn’t help you on this as we are not nutritionists, hope you can find someone to do the analysis, thanks!