The vegan recipe for Fried Mashed Taro Beads with Fresh Cucumber Strips:
servings – 12 mashed taro beads
- 250 g taro (peel, cut into chunks, steam till soft and mash)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- adequate rice flour
- adequate cucumber strips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- Combine the mashed taro with tapioca starch, salt, sugar and white pepper powder.
- Add some rice flour and knead into a smooth taro dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls, form them into thick beads and press a dent in the center of each taro bead.
- Coat the taro beads with some rice flour.
- Heat oil, fry the taro beads until golden brown, remove and drain.
- Serve with fresh cucumber strips.