The vegetarian recipe for Tom Yum Paste:
servings – 1 1/2 cup paste
- 5 slices ginger (finely chop)
- 2 lemongrass bulbs (finely chop)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves (finely chop)
- 1 lemon (squeeze the juice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until a smooth vegetable puree forms.
- Heat oil (1/4 cup vegetable oil), add in chili powder and saute until fragrant.
- Pour the vegetable puree into the pan and stir to mix well.
- Add all the seasonings and stir evenly.
- Bring to a boil and briefly simmer.
- Remove and serve.