Homemade/DIY Natural Soy Pudding:
servings – 6
Natural Soy Puddings
- 1 1/2 cups soy beans (wash, soak overnight and drain)
- 3 cups soaked coral grass (*wash coral grass, soak overnight and drain)
- 10 cups water
- Place soy beans and water (5 cups) in a blender and pulse until a smooth soy puree is formed.
- Lay a large piece of muslin or cheesecloth in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the soy puree onto the cloth, bring up the sides of the cloth, wrap, twist and squeeze to extract the soy milk.
- Return the soy pulp from the muslin cloth to the blender, add water (5 cups) and pulse until a smooth soy puree is formed.
- Repeat step 3.
- Clean the blender, pour the extracted soy milk into the blender, add coral grass, pulse until smooth and transfer the soy paste to a sauce pot.
- Cook over low flame, stir well until it boils, pour the soy paste into containers of any shape desired and cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- 2 thumb-size pieces ginger (wash and smash)
- 3 pandan leaves (wash and cut to 4-inch lengths)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- Place ginger, pandan leaves and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil over low heat (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the ginger and pandan leaves, add brown sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour the syrup into a bowl and cool.
- Remove the puddings from the containers, drizzle syrup over and serve.