Homemade/DIY Natural Soy Pudding:
servings – 6
Natural Soy Puddings
- 1 1/2 cups soy beans (wash, soak overnight and drain)
- 3 cups soaked coral grass (*wash coral grass, soak overnight and drain)
- 10 cups water
- Place soy beans and water (5 cups) in a blender and pulse until a smooth soy puree is formed.
- Lay a large piece of muslin or cheesecloth in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the soy puree onto the cloth, bring up the sides of the cloth, wrap, twist and squeeze to extract the soy milk.
- Return the soy pulp from the muslin cloth to the blender, add water (5 cups) and pulse until a smooth soy puree is formed.
- Repeat step 3.
- Clean the blender, pour the extracted soy milk into the blender, add coral grass, pulse until smooth and transfer the soy paste to a sauce pot.
- Cook over low flame, stir well until it boils, pour the soy paste into containers of any shape desired and cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- 2 thumb-size pieces ginger (wash and smash)
- 3 pandan leaves (wash and cut to 4-inch lengths)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- Place ginger, pandan leaves and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil over low heat (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the ginger and pandan leaves, add brown sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Pour the syrup into a bowl and cool.
- Remove the puddings from the containers, drizzle syrup over and serve.
Thank you for this recipe. Is this the same as the Tow Huay in Singapore?
What is coral grass and where can we get them? Could you show us a picture?
Are we able to use agar agar powder instead? If so, how much to use?
Sorry for the late reply as we have overlooked your question.
Yes, it is meant to be Tow Huay but with a slight difference in ingredients and cooking method. Here’s a link to the photo of coral grass or sea bird’s nest http://www.limwahthai.com/products_detail.asp?RecordID=4&ProductCategory=Bird+Nest , you can usually find it in an organic or health food store.
We are not sure that agar agar powder is suitable for vegetarians so we have not tried using it.
Happy veggie cooking! 🙂
请问 1 杯珊瑚草大约等于多少 gram呢？