The vegan recipe for Eggless Pandan Sponge Cake:
servings – 16 slices vegan cake
- 20 pandan leaves (cut into small sections)
- 4 cups self-rising flour (sieve)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 drops vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Place the pandan leaves and water into a blender; pulse until smooth, transfer the the puree to a large piece of muslin or cheesecloth which is laid in a mixing bowl, bring up the sides of the cloth, wrap, twist and squeeze to extract the pandan juice.
- Mix the pandan juice with coconut milk, sugar, vanilla flavor, baking soda and self-rising flour until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan.
- Bake at 170°C for 35 minutes.
- Remove, cool, slice and serve.