The vegan recipe for Fragrant and Crispy Rice Vermicelli in Shiitake Mushroom Gravy:
servings – 2
- 250 g rice vermicelli (soak in water until tender, drain and set aside)
- 8 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until tender, remove the stems, cut in half and set aside)
- 1/2 carrot (slice)
- 2 stalks choy sum
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (mix with some water)
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and pan-fry rice vermicelli on both sides (occasionally sprinkle some oil over the rice vermicelli while pan-frying it) until fragrant; remove, drain and set on plates.
- Saute shiitake mushrooms and carrot until fragrant; transfer them into a pot, add water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, vegetarian oyster sauce and soy sauce; stir well.
- Add choy sum and tapioca paste; stir well and briefly simmer.
- Ladle the gravy and vegetables over the pan-fried rice vermicelli.