The vegetarian recipe for Fried Spaghetti:
servings – 4
- 250 g spaghetti (cook in boiling water until tender, remove, drain and set aside)
- 1 can button mushrooms (slice)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein) strips
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger shreds
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp ground dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp ground dried bay leaves
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Heat vegetable oil over low heat.
- Fry TVP strips until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Fry ginger shreds until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree, nutritional yeast flakes, ground dried basil leaves, ground dried bay leaves, fried TVP strips, fried ginger shreds and water.
- Stir to combine evenly, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add spaghetti and stir fry until well mixed.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and bell peppers; stir well.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over; stir well.
- Dish out serve.