The vegan recipe for Vegan Curry Puffs:
servings – 12 puffs
- 4 potatoes (steam until soft, peel and cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Stir-fry curry powder and chili powder until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, salt, sugar and some water.
- Stir evenly and cook until fully absorbed.
- Remove, place in a big bowl and let cool.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- some vegetable oil
- Combine wheat flour, vegetable shortening and vegetable oil.
- Add water and sugar; knead the dough until smooth and fine.
- Roll the dough into a log, cut into 12 portions, form balls and roll out into circles.
- Place the curry filling in the center of the pastries, fold over, seal and crimp the edges.
- Fry until golden brown, remove, drain and serve.