What a milestone! This is Vege Angel’s 100th vegetarian recipe – ‘Golden Dumplings’:
- 6 pieces of yam bean (dice)
- 4 pieces of carrot (dice)
- 2 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove hard ends and dice)
- 20 pieces of dumpling pastry/eggless wonton wrapper 无蛋云吞皮 wu dan yun tun pi
- 1/2 teaspoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water to form a thickening paste)
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- Heat oil, stir-fry shiitake mushroom + carrot + yam bean + some water over low heat.
- Cover the pan and briefly simmer.
- Add salt + sugar + white pepper powder and stir-fry till evenly mixed.
- Add tapioca paste and briefly stir-fry.
- Dish out, put into a big bowl and cool.
- Place adequate filling in the middle of the dumpling pastry.
- Damp two adjacent sides of the pastry and fold the pastry in half to form a triangle.
- Then, damp the two side corners, gently pull them together and press to affix.
- Fry until golden brown, dish out, drain and serve.