The vegan recipe for Vegan Mapo Tofu:
servings – 4
- 1 package tofu (cut into small cubes)
- 1 green bell pepper (dice)
- 1 red bell pepper (dice)
- 2 red chilies (dice)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mix with some water)
- 1 cup water
- 3 stalks coriander (cut into small sections)
- 2 tbsp soy bean paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Saute soy bean paste until fragrant.
- Add tofu, green pepper, red pepper, red chilies and sugar; stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add water, bring to a boil and briefly simmer.
- Add tapioca paste to thicken the sauce and briefly simmer.
- Ladle the vegan Mapo tofu into a big bowl and top with coriander.