The vegan recipe for Sour Plum Sauce:
servings – 1 litre vegan sauce
- 20 dried sour plums (wash)
- 2 cups maltose syrup
- 3 cups water
- Place the dried sour plums in a pot.
- Add water, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Pour the liquid into a fine stainless steel sieve, transfer the sieved liquid to the pot and heat at low flame.
- Gradually add in the maltose syrup and stir until it dissolves.
- Remove and let cool.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator for later use.
- Note: the plum sauce can use be used for drinks too.