The vegan recipe for Asparagus in White Button Mushroom Sauce:
servings – 4
- 30 spears asparagus (trim, cut in half, blanch in boiling water, remove, drain and set on a plate)
- 6 white button mushrooms (dice)
- 2 slices ginger (cut into fine strips, pan-fry until golden brown and set aside)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Place white button mushrooms and water in a blender; puree until smooth and transfer it to a pan.
- Add salt, soy sauce and black pepper powder; stir well and bring to a boil.
- Ladle the white button mushroom sauce over the asparagus.
- Top with pan-fried ginger strips.