The vegetarian recipe for Vegetarian Satay (Grilled Soy Meat):
servings – 12 bundles
- 60 textured vegetable protein/TVP cubes (soak in water until soft and remove)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds (grind or pound)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, ground cumin seeds, soy sauce, turmeric powder and sugar.
- Then, place the TVP cubes into the above mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread the marinated TVP cubes onto the bamboo skewers (12 skewers; 1 bundle = 5 TVP cubes).
- Grill until golden brown or put in the oven and bake at 160°C for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce or Pumpkin, Soy Milk and Flax Seed Sauce.