The vegetarian recipe for Vegetarian Satay (Grilled Soy Meat):
servings – 12 bundles
- 60 textured vegetable protein/TVP cubes (soak in water until soft and remove)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds (grind or pound)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, ground cumin seeds, soy sauce, turmeric powder and sugar.
- Then, place the TVP cubes into the above mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread the marinated TVP cubes onto the bamboo skewers (12 skewers; 1 bundle = 5 TVP cubes).
- Grill until golden brown or put in the oven and bake at 160°C for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce or Pumpkin, Soy Milk and Flax Seed Sauce.
These look fab! I have a big pack of soya chunks and now i know what im going to do! The pumpkin and peanut butter dipping sauce looks amazing too! Thanks!
Thanks for the compliment, good luck! 🙂
Made this tonight,put them in the oven and the crispy ones were the best! This will def be one of the foods i will cook again and again. Thank you so much!
Encouraging indeed! Here’s the premium version of this recipe which is vegan too > https://www.vegeangel.com/2013/07/26/vegan-recipe-vegan-satay/. You may want to try it out, when you have to the time for another vegetarian cooking experiment and wonder. Cheers!