The Vegetarian Recipe for Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle:
servings – 8 to 10
- 1 kg firm unripe mangoes (wash and cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup drinking water
- 10 preserved sour plums (take the flesh)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine salt and mangoes; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well; marinate for another 10 minutes.
- Blend preserved sour plums, rice vinegar and water until smooth; pour over the mangoes and mix well.
- Transfer to a jar and keep in the refrigerator for 2 days before serving.