The vegetarian recipe for ‘Crispy Five-Spice Tofu’:
- 300 g of fresh layered bean curd skin/生豆包 sheng dou bao (defrost)
- 1/4 cup of vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetarian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Combine all seasonings.
- Unfold the layered bean curd skin.
- Spread the the seasoning paste over the inner and outer parts of the bean curd.
- Refold and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Fry until golden brown, drain, cool, slice and serve.