The vegan recipe for Groundnut and Turnip Congee:
servings – 6
- 1 cup groundnut kernels
- 3/4 cup dried and diced preserved turnip
- 1 cup white rice (wash)
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil, stir-fry the groundnut kernels until fragrant, remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry the dried and diced preserved turnip until fragrant, remove and transfer it (together with the oil) to a pot.
- Add the white rice, water and fried groundnut kernels.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until the congee becomes mushy.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve.