The vegan recipe for Vegan Chocolate and Coconut Shortbread:
servings – 16 pieces
Vegan Coconut Shortcake
- 1 cup wheat flour (sieve)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (sieve)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place coconut milk and ground flax seeds into a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Add vegetable shortening, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; blend until well-mixed.
- Transfer the batter to a big mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, oatmeal, wheat flour and rice flour; combine.
- Transfer the above batter to a greased (20 X 20 cm) cake pan and smooth the surface with a plastic spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for about 40 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and cut into 16 square pieces.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 100 g unsweetened pitted prunes
- 100 ml coconut milk (refrigerate for 2 hours and scoop out only the coconut cream that is solidified at the top)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Place the solidified coconut milk and unsweetened pitted prunes into a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Add icing sugar and cocoa powder; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the vegan chocolate mousse to a big bowl.
- Pour the desiccated coconut (1 pack) to a plate.
- Coat each square piece of the shortcake in the vegan chocolate mousse.
- Then, roll them in the desiccated coconut.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time.