The vegetarian recipe for Creamy Mushroom Gnocchi:
servings – 5
- 750 g potatoes (boil till tender, peel and mash)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cans button mushrooms (dice)
- 1 cup soya mince
- 1 bell pepper (dice)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 stalks parsley (chop)
- 50 g cream cheese – suitable for vegetarians
- 50 g cheddar cheese – suitable for vegetarians
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch + 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- While the mashed potato is still hot, combine immediately with wheat flour and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a log (1.5 cm diameter) and cut into 2 cm lengths.
- Place them in boiling water, cook over medium heat and gently stir till they float to the surface.
- Remove, put them in a pot of cold water and set aside.
- Place diced button mushrooms (1 can), cream cheese and water in a blender.
- Puree until smooth, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Yummy Soya Mince
- Heat vegetable oil, sauté soya mince until golden brown, remove and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine with nutritional yeast flakes, black pepper powder and salt (1 pinch) and set aside.
- Heat butter, add diced button mushrooms (1 can) and salt (2 tsp); stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared Gnocchi, Creamy Mushroom and evaporated milk; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and bell pepper; cook for another minute.
- Dish out, set on serving plates and shred cheddar cheese over.
- Garnish with parsley and the prepared Yummy Soya Mince.