The vegetarian recipe for Pumpkin and Mushroom Lasagna:
servings – 4
- 4 mini lasagna sheets (place in boiling water, add 1tbsp salt, stir gently for 2 minutes till pliable and transfer to a pot of cold water)
- 400 g pumpkin (steam till soft and peel)
- 1 can button mushrooms (slice)
- 1 thumb size ginger (finely chop)
- 40 g hard cheese – suitable for vegetarians
- 30 g mozzarella cheese – mild and suitable for vegetarians
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil and saute ginger till golden.
- Add button mushrooms and stir-fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add pumpkin and salt and stir fry for 1/2 minute.
- Dish out and place in a bowl.
- Grease some butter on the inner side of a baking pan (15 x 8 x 6 cm).
- Layers: spread a layer of 1/3 filling, shred 1/2 hard cheese over, lay 2 lasagna sheets (lengthwise and overlapping edges) over; repeat once; then, spread the last 1/3 filling over and shred mozzarella cheese onto the top.
- Cover the baking pan with a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes till the cheese on top turns golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.