The vegetarian recipe for Braised Groundnut Kernels with Pickled Vegetables:
servings – 8
- 1 pickled mustard tuber/榨菜 zha cai (cut into strips, soak in water and drain)
- 1/2 kg preserved vegetable/梅菜 mei cai (cut into strips, soak in water and drain)
- 1/2 cup groundnut kernels
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vegetarian seasoning
- Heat oil, stir-fry pickled mustard, preserved vegetable and groundnut kernels until fragrant.
- Add water and braise over low heat for 1 hour.
- When the liquid is almost fully absorbed, add salt and vegetarian seasoning.
- Stir evenly and cook for a while.
- Dish out and serve.