The vegetarian recipe for Paper-Wrapped Vegetarian Chicken:
servings – 5
- 300 g vegetarian salted chicken/素醃鸡 su yan ji (cut into 10 pieces and slightly pat)
- 1 tbsp wheat flour (mix with some water to form a paste)
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tbsp maltose
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix vegetarian salted chicken with all seasonings.
- Marinate for 10 minutes and mix evenly again.
- Then, place each piece of marinated vegetarian salted chicken into a paper bag (made from baking paper) and seal with wheat flour paste.
- Heat oil and fry paper-wrapped vegetarian chicken over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Dish out, drain, open the paper bag and enjoy the yummy cuisine.