The vegan recipe for Okara Snack:
servings – 2 to 4
- 1 cup soybeans (soak in water overnight)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Place soybeans and water in the blender; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the soy puree to a large piece of muslin or cheesecloth which is laid in a mixing bowl; bring up the sides of the cloth, wrap, twist and squeeze to extract the soy milk.
- Take the okara/soy pulp (and boil the soy milk; serve it as a drink or store it in the refrigerator for future use).
- Heat the vegetable oil, add in the okara and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add salt, sugar and soy sauce; stir-fry until golden brown.
- Remove, cool and serve.
Very nice,cause in India whenever we use to prepare Soy milk we just throw the pulp.Indeed very useful. Thanks.
You may like the “Deep-Fried Okara Balls” https://www.vegeangel.com/2013/06/22/vegan-recipe-deep-fried-okara-balls/ too.
Have a wonderful day! 🙂