The vegan recipe for homemade vegan wonton wrappers:
servings – 22 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp food grade lye water (kansui)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine wheat flour, food grade lye water and water; mix well.
- Add tapioca starch and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Spread some tapioca starch on the kitchen bench top and roll out the dough into a thin sheet with a rolling pin.
- Use a 3 1/2-inch-diameter round cutter to cut out the round wonton wrappers.
- That’s all!