The vegan recipe for Fried Chestnut Dumplings:
servings – 20 vegan dumplings
- 20 roasted chestnut kernels
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine self-rising flour, vegetable oil, salt and water; knead until a smooth dough is formed (sprinkle some flour over the dough if it is too sticky).
- Roll it out with a rolling pin and use a 2-inch-diameter round cutter to cut out the dough rounds.
- Wrap each roasted chestnut kernel with the a dough round.
- Deep fry the dumplings until golden brown.