The vegan recipe for Basil Flatbread:
servings – 1 flatbread
- 10 g basil leaves (cut into small sections)
- 2 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine wheat flour, instant dry yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add water and olive oil; mix well.
- Add basil leaves, combine and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Roll out into a round shape and place the dough round into a greased round baking pan.
- Press holes across the top of the dough with your index finger.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper over and let it ferment for 35 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve.