The vegetarian recipe for Vegetarian Egg Tarts – eggless:
servings – 20 tarts
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 150 g butter (dice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 cups soaked coral grass (*soak coral grass in water for 4 hours and drain)
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Sieve wheat flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and quickly combine.
- Gradually add ice water and stir to combine.
- Wrap the dough in PE food wrapping film and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Blend all the filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
Vegetarian Egg Tarts
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 3mm.
- Cut out rounds with a round cutter, lay the pastry rounds into greased tart molds and gently press.
- Fill the tart shells with sweet corn mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for about 30 minutes.
- Cool and serve.