The vegetarian recipe for Vegan Black Pepper Sauce:
servings – 5 cups sauce
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds (wash, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 1/2 cup soaked kombu/kelp (*soak kombu in water for 1 hour and drain)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried and crushed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Place golden fax seeds, kombu and salt in the blender; pulse until smooth and set aside.
- Heat oil over low heat, add mashed potatoes, saute and keep stirring until golden.
- Add wheat flour, mix evenly and saute until golden.
- Add peanut butter and combine.
- Add ground black pepper and saute until aroma is released.
- Gentle pour in the mixture of flax seeds and kelp; stir evenly and saute.
- Gradually add in water and stir to form a sticky paste.
- Add nutritional yeast flakes, sugar and basil leaves; stir for 1 minute.
- Dish out and serve (or store the excess sauce in the fridge for future use).