The vegetarian recipe for Eggless Cheese Cake:
servings – 1 cake of bread loaf size
Eggless Cheese Cake
- 2 cups self-rising flour (sieve)
- 100 g vegetarian soft cheese
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cup water
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 65 g vegetarian soft cheese
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir until a fluffy frosting is formed.
- Cut the Eggless Cheese Cake in half lengthwise.
- Place one half on a plate, spread 1/3 Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting on top.
- Add the other cake layer over.
- Coat the top and sides of the entire cake with 2/3 Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Slice and serve.