The vegan recipe for Gluten-Free Tomato Pizza:
servings – 6
Gluten-Free Pizza Bread
- 350 g potatoes (boil until tender, peel and mash)
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¾ cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Mix tapioca starch with mashed potatoes (while they are still hot); add vegetable shortening and combine.
- Then add rice flour, baking powder and salt; mix to form a smooth dough.
- Grease a 10-inch pizza baking plate with some vegetable shortening and press the dough into the plate to form a dough round.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds over, bake in a preheated oven at 170oC for 15 minutes and remove.
- 1 tomato (slice)
- 1 capsicum (slice)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (chop)
- 1 can button mushrooms (slice)
- 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Combine tomato sauce, tapioca starch and basil leaves; spread half of the mixture on the Gluten-Free Pizza Bread.
- Mix button mushrooms with nutritional yeast flakes and ground black pepper; lay the coated mushrooms evenly on the bread.
- Pour the remaining tomato mixture over.
- Lay sliced capsicum and tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds over.
- Bake the pizza at 170oC for 15 minutes or until the pizza bread turns golden brown.