The vegetarian recipe for ‘Steamed Buns’:
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a large bowl, combine dry yeast + sugar + salt + water (1/4 cup) and leave aside to ferment for 5 minutes.
- Add wheat flour (1 1/2 cup), combine evenly and leave aside to ferment for 2 hours.
- Add wheat flour (1 1/2 cup) + water (1/4 cup) + oil, knead the dough and ferment for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough until smooth and silky.
- Divide into 10 portions, form into your favorite shapes and ferment for 30 minutes.
- Steam over high heat for 20 minutes.