The vegetarian recipe for ‘Peppery Rice Vermicelli Soup’:
- 1/2 loaf of vegetarian fish/素食乌柳宜 su shi wu liu yu (slice and pan-fry)
- 2 pieces of salted vegetable (slice)
- 1 tomato (cut into fourths)
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of white pepper seeds (crush)
- 200 g of rice vermicelli (wash, blanch, drain and put into serving soup bowls)
- 9 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of vegetarian seasoning
- Place water + crushed white pepper seeds + salted vegetable + tomato in a pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetarian fish + evaporated milk + salt + vegetarian seasoning, stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Scoop out the soup and gently pour over the rice vermicelli.