The vegan recipe for Easy Buddha’s Delight (Lo Han Jai):
servings – 6
- 6 cloud ear mushrooms/yun er (soak in water until soft and cut into small sections)
- 30 dried lily buds/dried ‘golden needles’ (soak in water until soft, remove the hard ends and tie a knot in the middle)
- 8 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and cut in half)
- 40 g glass noodles/dong fen
- 5 bean curd puffs (cut into quarters)
- 250 g napa cabbage (cut into strips)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetarian oyster sause
- 1/2 tsp natural vegetarian seasoning
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Heat vegetable oil, saute shiitake mushrooms and cloud ear mushrooms until fragrant.
- Add the lily buds, bean curd puffs and napa cabbage; stir until fragrant.
- Add water, salt, vegetarian oyster sauce, natural vegetarian seasoning and soy sauce; stir well and briefly simmer.
- Lastly, add the glass noodles, stir well and briely simmer again.