The vegan recipe for Marinated Soy Meat Rice:
servings – 5
- 3 cups textured vegetable protein/TVP cubes (soak in water until soft, squeeze the water out and set aside)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 5 bowls cooked rice
- 1/3 cup Aromatic Sichuan Pepper Spicy Sauce
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp maltose syrup
- 2 tsp sand ginger powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup ice water
- Place all the coating sauce ingredients into a blender, pulse until smooth and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil, add TVP cubes and all the seasonings; cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add in water, stir well, and cover to simmer for 3 minutes or simmer until fully absorbed.
- Remove, let cool, thread the simmered TVP cubes onto the bamboo skewers and lay them on a baking rack.
- Preheat the over to 170°c.
- Brush the coating sauce onto the TVP cubes, place them (together with the baking rack) into the oven, roast until the TVP cubes start to sizzle, remove the baking rack, turn the TVP strings over, brush the coating sauce onto the TVP cubes and roast again; repeat this step once.
- Remove and serve with cooked rice.