The vegan recipe for Water-Boiled White Lotus Seed Dumplings:
servings – 25 vegan dumplings
White Lotus Seed Filling
- 2 cups white lotus seeds (soak in water for 2 hours, cook in boiling water for 10 minutes, remove, let cool and discard the cores)
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- Place white lotus seeds and water in the blender; pulse until a smooth paste is form.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add white lotus seed paste and stir well.
- Add salt, sugar and white pepper powder; stir well and cook until fully absorbed.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
- Remove and let cool.
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine wheat flour and water.
- Knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out the rounds.
- Place 1 tbsp white lotus seed filling in the center of the dumpling wrapper, fold over, seal the edges and use the fork tines to press the edges; repeat.
- Cook in boiling water until the dumplings float to the surface.
- Remove, drain and serve.