The vegan recipe for Fried King Oyster Mushrooms with Lemongrass Dressing:
servings – 4
Fried Pleurotus Eryngii Mushrooms
- 300 g Pleurotus eryngii mushrooms/king oyster mushrooms (slice)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp basil power
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts (coarsely grind)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- Mix Pleurotus eryngii mushrooms with nutritional yeast flakes, salt, wheat flour and black pepper powder.
- Then, combine ground cashew nuts, rice flour and basil powder as a second layer crispy coating.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Coat Pleurotus eryngii mushrooms with the cashew nut crispy coating above and fry until they are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove, drain and lay them on a plate.
- 2 stalks lemongrass (slice the bulbs and dice)
- ½ lemon (squeze the juice)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tbsp maltose syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup water
- Heat olive oil and lightly fry the lemongrass.
- Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, maltose syrup, sugar, corn starch and water.
- Bring to a boil, remove, ladle the dressing over the fried Pleurotus eryngii mushrooms and serve.