These cupcakes are specially designed for individuals who are fond of low fat, low sugar, gluten-free and healthy cupcakes. If you are viewing this recipe and celebrating your birthday today, Happy Birthday to you!
The vegan recipe for Vegan Carrot Cupcakes:
servings – 16 vegan cupcakes
- 200 g carrot (dice)
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup sweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp ground golden flax seeds (mix with 3 tbsp hot water, stir well and soak for 15 minutes)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Place carrot, golden flax seed paste, sweetened soy milk and sugar in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the carrot puree to a pot, bring to a boil, add baking soda, cook for a while, turn off the heat and let cool.
- Add vegetable shortening and rice flour; mix evenly.
- Place paper cup cake cases in the metal cupcake molds and pour the batter into the cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°c for about 35 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and garnish the cupcakes with shredded carrot.