What is more fun than doing some cooking experiments during the weekends. Making your own soy milk may be a good start as many vegan recipes require soy milk as a base. Have fun!
Homemade/DIY Soy Milk
servings – 5
- 1 cup soybeans (wash, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 5 cups water
- Place soybeans and water (3 cups) in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the soy puree to a large piece of muslin or cheesecloth which is laid in a mixing bowl; bring up the sides of the cloth, wrap, twist and squeeze to extract the soy milk.
- Return the soy pulp to the blender, add water (2 cups); pulse until smooth and repeat step 2.
- Pour the soy milk into a sauce pot, heat over low heat and stir constantly until it boils; then, skim the foam off the surface, (add your desired amount of sugar if you want to sweeten the soy milk and stir well), boil for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- (Isn’t it easy?) Enjoy!