The Vegan Recipe for Nutritional Spirulina Biscuits:
servings – 2 baking trays of vegan biscuits
Nutritional Spirulina Biscuits
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine wheat flour and grape seed oil.
- Mix spirulina powder, nutritional yeast flakes, sea salt and baking powder with water; pour the mixture into the above wheat dough and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Set aside and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut out your desired shapes.
- Lay them on a greased baking tray, use a fork to prick holes and bake at 180°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
Vegan Icing (optional)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water (cooked or mineral water)
- Combine icing sugar, coconut oil and water; stir until they are well mixed and become silky smooth.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and squeeze the icing onto the nutritional spirulina biscuits.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to allow the icing to harden.