The vegetarian recipe for Chickpea and Glass Noodle Soup (Vegetarian Shark Fin Soup):
servings – 4
- 1 cup chickpeas (soak in water for 2 hours and drain)
- 2 bean curd parcels 豆包 dou bao (cut into thin strips)
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems, cut into thin strips and pan-fry until fragrant)
- 6 cups water
- adequate glass noodles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce or soy sauce
- Chickpea Soup: place chickpeas and water in a pot; cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chickpea soup to another pot.
- Add shiitake mushrooms, tofu parcels, salt and vegetarian oyster sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add glass noodles and cook for a while.
- Dish out and serve with black vinegar or balsamic vinegar.