The vegan recipe for Stir-Fried Korean Sweet Potato Vermicelli:
servings – 3
- 150 g Korean sweet potato vermicelli (soak in water for 2 hours and drain)
- 150 g napa cabbage (cut into strips)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 cup soaked kelp (*soak kelp in water for 1 hour and cut into strips)
- 1 cup soaked wood ear mushrooms (*soak wood ear mushrooms in water for 1 hour and cut into strips)
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water for 2 hours and cut into strips)
- 2 tbsp preserved black beans (finely chop)
- 1 stalk coriander (chop)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- a little ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil over low heat, add preserved black beans and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and stir well.
- Add water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add napa cabbage, kelp and wood ear mushrooms; stir well.
- Add Korean sweet potato vermicelli and stir-fry until all the gravy is absorbed.
- Add bell pepper and stir well.
- Dish out, set on a plate, sprinkle ground black pepper and coriander leaves on top.