The vegan recipe for Kung Pao (Spicy Stir-Fried) Bamboo Pith:
servings – 3
- 100 g bamboo pith (soak in water until soft, gently squeeze out the water and cut into sections)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 8 dried chilies (cut into sections)
- 10 slices carrot
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat vegetable oil.
- Stir-fry cashew nuts, dried chilies and carrot until fragrant.
- Add the bamboo pith, black vinegar, vegetarian oyster sauce, salt and sugar.
- Briefly stir, cover the pan and simmer for a while.
- Remove and serve.