The vegan recipe for Double Layer Steamed Pumpkin Buns:
servings – 20 small steamed pumpkin buns
- 250 g pumpkin flesh (steam until soft, mash and let cool)
- 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Combine the pumpkin flesh, wheat flour, instant dry yeast, vegetable oil, water and sugar.
- Knead until the dough is smooth, roll out the dough and cut out into your desired shapes.
- Stack two pieces of dough on top of each other and place it onto a sheet of greaseproof paper; repeat.
- Let ferment for 35 minutes.
- Steam over high heat for about 8 minutes.
- Remove and serve.