A light and romantic vegan valentine meal which requires no dizzy skills. Quick, easy yet delicate!
The vegan recipe for Heart-Shaped Mashed Potatoes with Vegan Black Pepper Sauce:
servings – 2
Heart-Shaped Mashed Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes (steam until soft, peel and mash)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Roll out into a thick layer and cut out the heart shapes with a heart cutter.
- Set on plates.
Vegan Black Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns (grind)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (mix with 1/2 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil and saute the ground white peppercorns until fragrant.
- Add black pepper powder, water, balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar and soy sauce; simmer until the sauce boils.
- Add cornstarch paste, stir well to thicken and briefly cook.
- Remove and dress the heart-shaped mashed potatoes.