If you like the pan-fried version, you can then skip the preparation of the vegan accompaniment. Steamed and pan-fried white radish cake are actually both worlds; steamed one embraces the freshness of vegetable juice, while, the pan-fried one embraces grilled aroma. So, which will be your favorite?
The vegan recipe for White Radish Cake:
servings – 1 round pan sized cake
White Radish Cake
- 500 g or 1 white radish (wash and shred)
- 3 cups rice flour
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat vegetable oil and briefly saute shredded white radish.
- Mix rice flour, salt and sugar with water; pour it over the white radish, stir and cook until fully absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a round baking pan and smooth the surface.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and slice.
- 1 cup soy mince
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil and saute soy mince until fragrant.
- Add sugar and soy sauce; stir until the soy mince is crisp and golden.
- Remove and serve with White Radish Cake.