The vegan recipe for Christmas Potato Stars:
servings – 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cups potato cubes (steam until soft, mash and cool)
- 3 tbsp ground golden flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp candy beads – assorted colors
- Combine mashed potato and sugar.
- Spread 1 1/2 tbsp ground golden flax seeds on a clean table, lay the potato dough on top and roll out into a flat sheet.
- Evenly spread the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp ground golden flax seeds on the potato sheet.
- Use a star cookie cutter to cut out the potato stars.
- Fry until golden brown, remove, drain and let cool.
- Sprinkle the icing sugar and candy beads over.
- Enjoy and Merry Christmas!