The vegetarian recipe for Rava Dosa (Semolina Crepes):
servings – 4 to 6
- 2 cups semolina
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 liter water
- 3 dried chilies (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup curry leaves (finely chop)
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine semolina, wheat flour, rice flour and water; mix evenly and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Add dried chilies, cumin seeds, curry leaves and salt; mix evenly.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Coat the pan surface with some oil.
- Pour 1 ladle batter into the pan, spread it evenly and fry until the edges turn crispy.
- Flip it over and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Dish out and place the crepe on a serving plate.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 until all the batter is used up.
- May serve with Vegetable Dal Curry.