The vegetarian recipe for ‘Chapati with Vegetable Dal Curry’:
- 3 cups of atta flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Combine atta flour + water + salt.
- Cover with a piece of cloth and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough and divide into 20 portions.
- Spread some atta flour on a table and use a roller to flatten each small dough into a round shape.
- Heat the pan, put the chapati in and grill both sides.
- Serve with Vegetable Dal Curry.
Vegetable Dal Curry
- 1/2 cup of chana dal (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 cup of split mung beans
- 1 potato (peel and dice)
- 1 carrot (peel and dice)
- 1 snake gourd (cut into rings)
- 5 dried chilies (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Add water + chana dal into a pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add skinned green beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Heat oil, pan-fry dried chilies over low heat until fragrant.
- Add mustard seeds + fennel seeds + cumin seeds + fenugreek seeds and saute until fragrant
- Add potato + carrot + snake gourd + curry powder and briefly saute.
- Place all the spices, vegetables and salt into the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dish out and serve with ‘Chapati’.